Built with TSC durability, reliability, and commitment to innovation, the 2-inch-format TDP-225 series direct thermal printer features a compact design and high-performance engine that make it ideal for many healthcare, retail and asset tagging labeling applications.
The TDP-225 prints at 6 ips and is the first low-cost affordable compact 2-inch desktop printers to offer an optional LCD display for easy tracking of print job status. Other outstanding features include an inexpensive internal Ethernet adapter for easy integration into networks and an optional keyboard for printing labels in stand-alone or down-time situations. The TDP-324 is also available, featuring high resolution 300 dpi printing resolution and 4 ips print speed.
Designed with no losable parts, the compact TDP-225 series fits into tight spaces and supports a wide range of applications. It also features a user-friendly clamshell design that allows users to simply open the cover and drop labels into a spring-loaded 5-inch OD media bay. Top-of-form sensing by gap, black mark, or notch is standard, and the black mark sensor is completely adjustable from side to side.
With enhanced electronics, the TDP-225 series offers a 200 MHz processor, standard memory of 4 MB Flash, 8 MB SDRAM, and a microSD expansion slot that increases Flash storage up to 4 GB. The printer supports standard industry emulations, including the Eltron® and Zebra® languages.
The TDP-225W and TDP-324W wristband label printers were specifically designed for patient identification and entertainment ticketing. The TDP-324W offers 300 dpi high resolution for printing high quality graphics and barcodes. The TDP-225W includes the same features as the TDP-324W and is perfect for applications that do not require high resolution graphics or barcodes.
The TDP-225W and TDP-324W are capable of printing most wristband roll products available on the market, delivering both flexibility and a low cost solution for wristband printing applications. Unlike other direct thermal printers, the TDP-225W and TDP-324W features a compact design with large capacity to hold a full 6.5-inch OD roll of wristbands. The ability to order wristbands on 6.5 inch rolls reduces your cost per wristband.
The printers feature a small footprint and can be used ergonomically on a desk or mounted to a wall when desk space is at a premium. The printers feature an LCD screen with buttons and offers connectivity options such as USB 2.0, Ethernet, and USB Host for use with a keyboard or scanner. The TDP-225W and TDP-324W can be optionally configured to print wristbands without the aid of a computer by retrieving its stored wristband printing program and entering patient or customer information from a PC keyboard.
TDP-225 Series Application
- Jewelry Tags
- Retail Point-Of-Sale
- Shelf Labeling
- Product Marking
- Healthcare Specimen Labeling
- Healthcare Patient Tracking
- Inventory & Asset Management
- Small Office or Home Office Mailing
- File-Folder Labeling
TDP-324W Series Application
- Patient ID tracking
- Hospital admissions
- Hospital nursery
- Entertainment & Hospitality
- Amusement parks
- Water parks
- Event admissions
- Night club age verification
- Government & Emergency
- Law enforcement
- Medical Emergency Triage
- Crowd control
- Animal ID
- Restricted area access
- 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)203 dpi (8 dots/mm)300 dpi (12 dots/mm)300 dpi (12 dots/mm)
- Direct thermal onlyDirect thermal onlyDirect thermal onlyDirect thermal only
- LCD with buttons
LED with buttonsLCD with buttonsLCD with buttons
LED with buttonsLCD with buttons
- TSC ConsoleTSC ConsoleTSC ConsoleTSC Console
- 6 ips (152 mm/s)6 ips (152 mm/s)4 ips (102 mm/s)4 ips (102 mm/s)
- 2.13" (54 mm)2.05" (52 mm)1.89" (48 mm)1.89" (48 mm)
- 90" (2,286 mm)90" (2,286 mm)40" (1,016 mm)40" (1,016 mm)
- 8 MB SDRAM8 MB SDRAM8 MB SDRAM8 MB SDRAM
- 4 MB4 MB4 MB4 MB
- microSD card reader; up to 4 GBmicroSD card reader; up to 4 GBmicroSD card reader; up to 4 GBmicroSD card reader; up to 4 GB
- RS-232 (for standalone keyboard), USB Host (for PC keyboard)USB Host (for PC keyboard)RS-232 (for standalone keyboard), USB Host (for PC keyboard)USB Host (for PC keyboard)
- Guillotine cutter (full cut and partial cut)Guillotine cutter (full cut and partial cut)Guillotine cutter (full cut and partial cut)Guillotine cutter (full cut and partial cut)
- 5" (127 mm) OD6.5" (165 mm) OD5" (127 mm) OD6.5" (165 mm) OD
- 0.59" - 2.36" (15 - 60 mm)0.59" - 2.05" (15 - 52 mm)0.59" - 2.36" (15 - 60 mm)0.59" - 2.05" (15 - 52 mm)
- Continuous; Die-Cut; Black Mark; Fan-Fold; Notched; Wristband (Outside Wound)Continuous; Die-Cut; Black Mark; Fan-Fold; Notched; Wristband (Outside Wound)Continuous; Die-Cut; Black Mark; Fan-Fold; Notched; Wristband (Outside Wound)Continuous; Die-Cut; Black Mark; Fan-Fold; Notched; Wristband (Outside Wound)
- 1" - 1.5" (25.4 - 38 mm)1" (25.4 mm)1" - 1.5" (25.4 - 38 mm)1" (25.4 mm)
- Clamshell with double-walled plasticClamshell with double-walled plasticClamshell with double-walled plasticClamshell with double-walled plastic
- Select the printer → Function → Printer Configuration → Get
- Adjust the value of Speed and Density then press Set to finish setup.
- TSC Console → Advanced → Preference → Language
- TSC Console → Select the printer → Functions → Printer Configuration → Factory Default.
- TSC Console → Select the printer → Function → Printer Configuration → Calibration.
- Click the checkbox to select the printer/printers.
- Click Tools→File Manager Tool to access File Manager page.
- Turn the file type into Firmware File.
- Press Browse to select firmware file.
- Press Download to update firmware.
- Click the checkbox to select the printer/printers.
- Click Tools → Bitmap Font Tool.
- Select font and set the size of it
- Press Download Font to download font to the printer
- Check Tool → File Manager Tool to see is it successfully imported.
- Let computer detects the printer or manually install the driver first.
- Make sure the printer is power on and connected. (wired connection user)
- Please make sure the Ethernet cable and the printer are well connected and lights are flashing.
- Check the printer is power-on.
- Check the printer, port, and driver are all correct.
- Media should be loaded and located correctly before calibration, and check the sensor position before printing. For further detail, please refer to user manual.
- Wrong media type might be used.
- Switch off the power and turn on again.
- Computer might have detected the device already.
The guillotine cutter can perform the full-cut or partial-cut for removing labels after printing.
The peel-off module helps ensure that all labels are peeled flat without wrinkles or tears.