Print receipts and tickets on demand and on the go with TSC's Alpha-2R compact and affordable 2-inch mobile receipt printer. While cost-effective, the Alpha-2R is still equipped with many important features and offers a selection of competitive accessories.
The Alpha-2R is TSC's third Mobile Barcode Printer offering in the Alpha Series of cost-efficient, high durability printers that now include 2-inch, 3-inch, and 4-inch wide mobile barcode printers. The Alpha-2R is a comfortable, lightweight printer capable of working with any mobile printing application where you need access to quick, simple receipts or tickets.
TSC delivers more for our customers with the Alpha-2R without sacrificing function or performance:
- Print More - The Alpha-2R offers one of the largest media capacities in the 2-inch receipt market with a media capacity of 58 mm wide and a maximum receipt roll out diameter of 50 mm
- Print Longer - The Alpha-2R was designed to be Energy Star 2.0 compliant and features 17 hours of usage on a battery charge with an average of a 2 minute printer interval (BT mode)
- Broad Application with Excellent Printing Compatibility - ESC-POS, CPCL, and ZPL emulations available
- Print Quality - Smart Algorithm to adjust print speed & condition based on layout & heat history
- Better Warranty - Two-year warranty
The Alpha-2R is designed for durability and comes out of the box with an IP42 rating which may be upgraded by adding its IP54 rated protective case to resist dust and water.
These small and light printers can be worn comfortably for a full shift, without interfering with the user's tasks. Use wired or wireless communication interfaces including USB 2.0, RS-232, Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth 4.2 plus Apple MFi, NFC and 802.11 a/b/g/n (support Bluetooth, either one use) to connect to a mobile computer or even a smartphone and produce clear easy-to-read receipts/labels hour after hour.
The printer's Near Field Communication (NFC) makes it simple to connect to an Alpha-2R directly from a compatible device. NFC is a technology found on many of today's mobile devices that enables wireless two-way communication between two devices within close proximity of one another. NFC capability automatically establishes a direct connection between your NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet and an Alpha-2R printer, so you can print or scan using any number of applications without having to connect to a network or enter any login credentials.
- 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
- Direct thermal only
- LED with buttons
- Serial RS-232
- TSC Console
- Up to 4 ips (102 mm/s)
- 1.89" (48 mm)
- 90" (2,286 mm)
- 64 MB SDRAM
- 128 MB
- 2" (50 mm) OD
- 2.28" (58 mm) with liner
- Receipt Paper, Bline Receipt Paper (Mark in Printing Side) and Selected Label
- 1" (25.4 mm)
- TSPL-EZC or ESC-POS
- Select the printer → Function → Printer Configuration → Get
- Adjust the value of Speed and Density then press Set to finish setup.
- TSC Console → Advanced → Preference → Language
- TSC Console → Select the printer → Functions → Printer Configuration → Factory Default.
- TSC Console → Select the printer → Function → Printer Configuration → Calibration.
- Click the checkbox to select the printer/printers.
- Click Tools→File Manager Tool to access File Manager page.
- Turn the file type into Firmware File.
- Press Browse to select firmware file.
- Press Download to update firmware.
- Click the checkbox to select the printer/printers.
- Click Tools → Bitmap Font Tool.
- Select font and set the size of it
- Press Download Font to download font to the printer
- Check Tool → File Manager Tool to see is it successfully imported.
- Check the printer is power-on.
- Check the printer, port, and driver are all correct.
- Media should be loaded and located correctly before calibration, and check the sensor position before printing. For further detail, please refer to user manual.
- Wrong media type might be used.
- Switch off the power and turn on again.
- Computer might have detected the device already.
Use the 1-slot charger to quickly charge the battery without any downtime.
The 4-slot charger is well-suited for heavy-duty missions.
TSC Printronix Auto ID customers can also benefit from a pretty flexible platform of options for connecting or mounting our mobile printers to a forklift or vehicle.
With the protective case and shoulder strap these compact, rugged printers can be worn comfortably for a full shift, without interfering with the user's tasks. They are also IP54 tested and resistant to dust and water.
TSC Printronix Auto ID mobile printers can handle a variety of media including receipts, selected labels, and linerless printing. Linerless printing is an ideal solution for businesses looking to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
The TSC Alpha-2R has the ability to print receipts for more than 17 hours on a single battery charge.
Adapters for 1-inch media roll width
Adapters for 2-inch media roll width
Our mobile printers are built to continuously print over a full shift. Power adapters are available to charge your printers in between shifts and ensure that you always have a readily available device.
Micro USB cable to easily connect your Alpha-2R mobile printer to your other devices
USB to RS-232 converter cable to easily connect your mobile printer to your other devices.
These compact and affordable printers boost efficiency with on-the-go printing when you need immediate and accurate receipts and labels…
These printers come equipped with a full line of mobile printing accessories that save money and time. Options for this series include…
The TDM Series features a rugged palm-sized design for easy, on-the-go printing for over 17 hours on a single battery charge.